The Cats at Banjo are hiring! Head of Product / Senior Product Manager
Role: Head of Product or Senior Product Manager
Company: Banjo Robinson
Location: London (or remote)
Application deadline: 26th July
About Banjo Robinson
Banjo Robinson is the cat that writes back: a magical, make believe character with a big heart, a great sense of humour and a mission to change the way children read, write and learn about the world around them.
We’re a new-to-market children’s IP and subscription service, sitting at the intersection of Father Christmas, the Tooth Fairy and Peppa Pig. We send personalised letters and creative activities to children, twice a month, from exciting destinations across the globe.
Last year we were one of 10 companies out of 1400 applicants selected for the Techstars London Accelerator and we came 2nd out of 150+ entrants at Web Summit’s 2019 Pitch competition. We also raised a £1M pre seed round… It was a busy year.
2020 is no different and since lockdown we’ve seen a 5x uptick in sales, with our community engagement rates almost doubling.
We’re now looking for a Head of Product or Senior Product Manager who will report into our CEO, Kate Boyle. We are an incredibly collaborative business and you’ll be working alongside our newly appointed Marketing Director, serial entrepreneur Operations Director and our expert Technical Lead, to ensure our product lives up to our ambition.
● Own the product strategy and roadmap, through discovery of the problem, framing possible solutions, testing these against carefully crafted hypotheses, validating assumptions and iterating to achieve greater product market fit
● This includes new customer onboarding, personalisation process and getting hands on with our paper product to ensure we have happy customers, an impressive viral coefficient and world class retention rates
● Own qualitative and quantitative research processes including research with children and data analytics (working alongside our ops team to analyse cohorts in detail)
● Work with marketing on when to cross sell and upsell, and refine the brand positioning based on product development
● Remove blockers and align stakeholders (knowing that charm, humour and pizza will help)
● Foster a strong product culture of rapid experimentation, validation of assumptions and learning across the wider business
● Ultimately, as we grow you will need to build and nurture a team, so we’re looking for someone who can become a true product leader
● 5-10 years experience in product management (dependent on whether you’re a better fit for the HoP or SPM role) ideally with a D2C or children’s brand
● An ability to combine analytical skills with customer empathy. You need to be comfortable analysing data and coming up with creative solutions
● Collaborative by nature
● A ‘fail fast, learn and iterate’ attitude
● Experience working / negotiating with or looking after kids in your professional or personal life
● Experience with paper is a nice to have but not essential
● Although we don’t require a technical PM, a solid understand of our technology is important (we currently use Shopify and Recharge)
● Be the kind of person who’s happy to turn their camera on, so we don’t just see your name in helvetica
● An explorer, who shares Banjo’s excitement and enthusiasm for the wonderful world we live in
● Salary + equity package
● Flexibility on work location – we have a team in Brighton and London. We’re normally based in London (when we’re in the office) but can be flexible for the right person
● 28 paid holidays (including bank holidays) – adventure is at the heart of our business and we want you to enjoy well earned time off
● Working alongside a team of passionate entrepreneurs who will stop at nothing to make Banjo a global children’s IP brand; a world class board and set of advisors to steer you through rough waters
Application Process: Email email@example.com with ‘Product role’ in the subject line, 400 words on why you’d be a good fit for us and your CV.
Application deadline: 26th July
Banjo Robinson is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, age, ethnicity, race, religion, sexual orientation or disability. We also love working with parents and carers.