Quick and Tasty Halloween Recipes
Halloween is fast approaching and here at Banjo HQ we’re already dreaming of all the spooky snacks we’ll be eating on Sunday. We’ve been sharing some of our favourite quick Halloween recipes with each other that we’ll be making over the weekend and naturally, we decided to share them with you too!
Incredibly tasty and super quick to whip up (for those of us that are tired from a long week at work), these treats will surely make you go “YUM!” instead of “YIKES!” this Halloween.
1. Spooky Banana Ghosts
Now, this is probably the simplest and quickest spooky (and healthy!) recipe on our list. The base of this treat are bananas and chocolate chips!
If you want to keep it super simple, you can just peel a bunch of bananas and cut off their tips. Take some chocolate chips and place them on the bananas to make eyes and a spooked mouth for your banana ghost. That’s it, super simple, isn’t it?
Want to make it a tad fancier? Here are our favourite takes on this Halloween classic:
2. Chocolate Bat Biscuits
Bats and Halloween go hand in hand. Add chocolate and biscuits into the mix and you have a delicious spooky and quick Halloween recipe on your hands!
This simple recipe takes only 20 minutes to make and makes 30 biscuits which is the perfect amount to enjoy with your family and share with trick or treaters!
3. Jack’O’Lantern Dipper Peppers
Very simple and quick to make, taking only 20 minutes to prepare these jack-o-lantern peppers are the perfect way to serve your dips on Halloween!
- 3 peppers (or more depending on how many dips you want to serve)
- 2 x 300g tubs houmous or other dips you want to serve
- 1 pack lightly salted tortilla chips or 500g pack mixed peppers, deseeded and cut into strips
- Cut around the stalk of the orange peppers to create lids, being careful to leave the opening wide enough for dipping. Pull out the tops from stalks and slice off the attached seeds. Discard the seeds and reserve the tops. Remove any remaining seeds from inside the peppers.
- Use a small sharp knife to cut ‘monster’ and ‘jack-o-lantern style faces into the orange peppers. Slice a little off the base to level if necessary, being careful not to slice all the way through.
- Fill the orange peppers with the houmous. Replace the lids until ready to serve. Serve with tortilla chips or pepper strips.
4. Broom Cheese Sticks
We can’t possibly make a bat-themed snack for Halloween and not do a witch-themed one, right? And with these simple and tasty broom cheese sticks, you’ll be sure to munch on them the whole day. So, be sure to make loads!
- Pack of thin breadsticks
- Cheese strings (make sure to buy the same amount as in your breadstick pack)
- Snap the breadsticks in half. Working on one at a time, push a string cheese half onto the end of a breadstick half so it’s inserted about 1cm into it.
- Pull apart the ends of the string cheese, pulling the strings of cheese up to about two-thirds of the way up, avoiding the section where the breadstick is inserted in the top.
- To garnish, tie each with a piece of chive and trim with kitchen scissors.
5. Spookily Healthy Halloween Pizzas
This is a quick Halloween recipe that will make you run screaming by how healthy it is for a pizza! As per all our previous snack ideas, it’s also super quick to make, only taking 30 minutes to do and guaranteed to be very SPOOKY and tasty.
The base recipes guides you into making spider shapes on the pizza but feel free to get creative with your spooky pizza decorations. Maybe use eggs or mozzarella to make a scared face? Tomatoes and triangles of cheese to make a vampire’s mouth? What can you come up with?
We hope you’ll have a scarily tasty Halloween by following these quick recipe ideas. Banjo would love to see how you get on making them so make sure to share photos of your results on Instagram and Facebook and tag us with #bemorebanjo!
Banjo Team x
P.S.: Are you expecting trick or treaters this weekend? Print out and colour in Banjo’s Pumpkin poster to let trick or treaters know you are taking part in the Halloween festivities! Get yours here.