Happy Snacking | Healthy Snack Ideas For Kids
Snacking! The world seems to have gone snacking mad. And it goes into overdrive during the summer break, doesn’t it? The great news is we’re all out and about a lot more (at least!) but as a result you can feel like a mobile fridge.
Days out to the park, picnics with friends and trips to the beach go hand in hand with hungry children. So it’s always a good idea to arm ourselves with various healthy snacks to abate these incredible appetites. Check out these top tips from award-winning ice lolly brand Claudi & Fin. Perfect for parents looking for healthy snack ideas for their kids while they’re out of the house.
Healthy snack ideas for kids
It’s quite boring thinking about what snacks to take out, especially when you want them to be healthy. Plus they can be expensive unless you make your own. So after countless conversations with other parents, and speaking to our Lolly Fans, here’s our top ten list of healthy snack ideas to stick on the fridge. Why not put your own list together – involve the children. And if you can get past the sweets, crisps and chocolate ideas, you may find that they’ll be rather helpful!
Stick to specific times to have your snacks. Children like routine and it stops them eating continually and ruining appetites at meal-times.
- Banana muffins or banana bread – try different sizes and shapes to keep interest! (We love this yummy banana bread from the gorgeous Hemsley and Hemsley).
- Courgette and cheese mini muffin bites. These are nifty nibbles for snacking or sharing. (Check out the Higgidy Pie mini muffin range).
- Fruit, such as strawberries and grapes along with some cheese cubes. You can’t go wrong.
- Leftover pancakes – if you’ve made some in the morning they taste great later on too!
Make sure you have a good selection of containers, whether they are bought or recycled from other things you’ve eaten.
- Sandwich bites – basically sandwiches with fillings like jam, peanut butter, Marmite, cream cheese cut into smaller bite-size cubes. Makes them more exciting and less like a sandwich!
- Rice Krispie cakes (made with oats, coconut, and honey). So many great recipes out there.
- Melon – cut up before you go out. Super hydrating with just enough sweet.
- Homemade granola bars – there are loads of recipes for healthier versions and you can freeze them too. So get batch cooking!
- Popcorn – make it at home, it’s so cheap and great fun. Bag it up and perfect for a day out.
- Claudi & Fin Mini lollies are a welcome treat when you turn up at the park on a hot day with them in a cool bag… give them a try!
You can get loads of ideas for recipes on the internet or make up your own with the children, anything goes and don’t forget these won’t just be eaten by them, the whole family can enjoy a healthy snack.